School Games Recognition July 2020
We are delighted to have been awarded our School Games Certificate of Recognition for 2019/20 which for this year replaces the usual School Games Mark Award. Our Gold Games Mark award that we received last year has been rolled over.
There are four unique types of competition:
- Intra-School Competition (Level 1)
- A sporting activity which takes place between pupils within our school. These could be through class, phase or house team competitions and of course our inclusive sports days!
- Local Inter-School Competition (Level 2)
- Sporting tournaments / festivals which take place outside of school, across our pyramid of schools.These act as qualifiers for our county finals.
- County Final (Level 3)
- A showcase event held as the culmination of a series of local inter-school competitions.
- School Games National Finals
What are the benefits?
The School Games is a fun and enjoyable way of engaging all young people through school sport; either as a competitor, young leader, official, or as part of a media team, focusing on promoting sport.
Sport can encourage the growth of numerous qualities within young people and our children’s success is celebrated around six key values: determination, honesty, passion, respect, self-belief and teamwork. These are called the 'Spirit of the Games'. All six of these values encompass and reflect our own school beliefs and rules.