RE Quality Mark - Gold Award
We are very proud to have achieved the RE Quality Mark Gold Award
The REQM recognises high quality RE, particularly those schools which are providing their learners with authentic experiences and contributing to whole school outcomes.
RE makes a powerful contribution to young people’s learning. It provides them with the chance to explore the big ideas of religion and belief and to think about what matters in their own lives.
Good RE supports the development of the whole child. It also has a significant contribution to make to whole school improvement. With the renewed focus from Ofsted on the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development for all pupils, it is more important than ever that RE is recognised and celebrated.
The RE Quality Mark has two purposes: it recognises good practice in RE and also provides a powerful tool for development.
The REQM has been set up to:
- raise the profile of religious education in schools
- celebrate a commitment to excellence in religious education
- enable dissemination of quality RE through networking
- provide a framework for measuring, planning and developing the quality of RE teaching and learning
- encourage schools to increase the range and quality of teaching and learning in religious education to improve standards
- develop pedagogies which have impact on whole school improvement
- provide a structure and framework for dioceses and SACREs to map high quality religious education
- address the findings of Transforming RE relating to enquiry based learning
As of October 2017, we will be using the new Diocesan Syllabus for RE incorporating 'Understanding Christianity' as our chosen syllabus for delivering the RE curriculum. A staff CPD event took place on the 11th October to launch the new syllabus and the Understanding Christianity resources and a curriculum mapping exercise took place.
The following document demonstrates the themes to be taught within each year group.