What are The School Games?
The School Games links and reflects the high quality sporting provision we consistently provide for all our pupils in school. It is a way to get more children involved in sporting opportunities and competitions.
There are four unique types of competition:
- Intra-School Competition (Level 1)
- A sporting activity which takes place between pupils within our school. These could be through class, phase or house team competitions and of course our inclusive sports days!
- Local Inter-School Competition (Level 2)
- Sporting tournaments / festivals which take place outside of school, across our pyramid of schools.These act as qualifiers for our county finals.
- County Final (Level 3)
- A showcase event held as the culmination of a series of local inter-school competitions.
- School Games National Finals
What are the benefits?
The School Games is a fun and enjoyable way of engaging all young people through school sport; either as a competitor, young leader, official, or as part of a media team, focusing on promoting sport.
Sport can encourage the growth of numerous qualities within young people and our children’s success is celebrated around six key values: determination, honesty, passion, respect, self-belief and teamwork. These are called the 'Spirit of the Games'. All six of these values encompass and reflect our own school beliefs and rules.
School Games Primary Opportunities
Follow the link below to find out more...